Friday, May 6, 2011

My Help Comes From The Lord

I can not get over how God keeps answering prayers and providing for me.  Every May my church has a yard sale thing called Missions Mania.  It's gotten pretty huge.  You buy parking spaces to set up your junk to sell.  It's turned into more than a yard sale though.  Actual vendors come to sell homemade soap, baked goods, etc.  You can get your car "washed" by our youth group.  I wanted to sell some paintings to raise money for SafeWorld.  I was telling my dad that I would just have to invest a good bit of money in canvases and hope to turn a profit.  Then my dad had a great idea.  Under his shed he had slate from our church's original chapel.  We had to tear it down about ten years ago.  He had no plans for it.  He just knew it was Buckingham, VA slate and it shouldn't be thrown out.  (I was then informed of the superiority of Buckingham, VA slate to the rest of the world's slate.  If like my father, you too have an interest in slate click here.)  So now I am painting every night and loving it!  Every piece is different.  I plan on having a silent auction.  I am really excited.  The paintings have so much more meaning now.  Most of the paintings have a verse on them.  I love how these old pieces of slate, that were used for the Lord's house will still bring Him glory.  The plan is to have a silent auction of the slate paintings.  My barbies will also be available, but those are on a first-come-first-serve basis.  Get to Tomahawk Baptist Church (across from the Commonwealth Shopping Center on Hull Street) by 8am Saturday May 21st if you're vying for a 1991 Barbie Magic Van, and stay until 2pm if you'd like to hear who won which painting.  If you belong to Tomahawk, give everyone a heads up on the paintings.  I won't be there Sunday because I'll be in NASHVILLE getting ready for Join A New Story.  It is still unreal to me that this is all happening.  God keeps providing.  He has been providing for me left and right, and I know He is going to do awesome things at our benefit for Heartline.  I will post on all that once I get back!

I lift up my eyes to the hills-
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, 
the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot slip-
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord watches over you-
the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all harm-
he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.
-Psalm 121    

No comments:

Post a Comment