Sunday, January 22, 2012

I'm Starting a New Chapter

   I had to make a hard decision last week.  After weeks of advice, thinking, praying I decided it was time for me to leave SafeWorld.  I asked that all leftover support funds I raised go towards buying mosquito nets.  Once I receive a list of my donors I will contact y'all directly.  I'll still be living with Carrie and Sarah.  (Rachel decided to move back to Arkansas.)  
   I still want to work for a humanitarian organization.  Ideally I'd like to be in the southeast, but I've applied for some positions all over the country.  I've even looked at some things overseas.  It's pretty cool actually.  I never would have imagined going to Haiti and Uganda within six months, especially when I had never even flown before.  God got creative sending me to SafeWorld for 2011.  I'm just putting it in His hands and asking Him to get creative again.  I know He has a plan.  Some of it I know was just to get me to Bristol and meet my 'long lost cousin' Carrie.  We've had eerily similar life experiences.  It's been so great sharing struggles and learning about God/loving others from her.  One of my aunts was telling me I needed to come home where I'd have more of a support system.  I didn't want to hurt any feelings, but living with two girls who chase after Jesus is the best support system I could have!  
   Today I drove home from a great wedding/reunion with friends.  I was really sad the weekend was over. (college was over.)  I missed all my great friends, their fun, their support.  I walked up the stairs to my house to put my stuff away, a.k.a some free space on the floor.  Long story, (maybe not but...) I haven't really had a room yet at our house.  My stuff has been a mess all over the place.  I've slept on the couch and other people's beds.  I honestly couldn't work on the situation though because of my back being so bad.  I gave up caring.  But when I walked upstairs I started bawling.  Sarah had moved in furniture, taken all my clothes off the floor and FOLDED it into a dresser, hung my coats in the closet, set my books on the mantle, pinned up my USC pennant, and even given me a framed picture of me and a friend.  I told her it was probably the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me.  I was so overwhelmed by God's love for me.  He knows I need the relationships like I had in college, and He's provided them.
   He's provided me a temporary job waitressing also.  I start tomorrow.  I AM thankful for this, though not in love with the idea.  I want to be joyful at work.  I want to "shine a light".  I think it's going to be a big struggle the next couple of weeks (months?) to not get discouraged because I'm no longer doing work I love.  Please pray for me on this.  You can also pray I don't covet my sister's life right now.  If you haven't heard, Emily's traveling throughout the Middle East for the next four months!  I guess you can keep her in your prayers too :b .  That's all for now.  Contacts are back to hodgeske2010@gmail.com and 804-516-6677.
For the eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His.
-2 Chronicles 16:9a

1 comment:

  1. After waitressing for over a year, you just be YOU and love on your customers and you will share the light. They will notice, I promise! Praying for you Kat! Just remember it's temporary and the next big things is in the works. Let me know if you need anything!
    -Laura

    ReplyDelete