Thursday, July 12, 2012

Nothing is Simple

   O......K.............. so the Michael Salman case doesn't look as simple as he makes it out to be.  I read an article that he registered this "friend group" of his as a nonprofit.  That does kind of change things.  Honestly I don't know how I feel about the whole thing anymore.  Watching friends on facebook comment on this issue, I feel like I need a law degree to fully grasp the situation.  Nothing is as simple as it seems.
   I partly blame my zeal on The History Channel's series "AMERICA The Story of Us".  You have GOT to watch it.  It's not so much "what" happened, but "how" things happened.  I seriously got teary when they talked about Lexington and Concord and how these sixty "nobodies" stood up to the strongest army in the world, knowing they would most likely die.  I feel like no one stands up for anything anymore.  When I saw what I thought was a simple issue of an American losing the basic right to assemble and worship, I didn't want to not take a stand.  Looking at the rest of the world too, and how dangerous it is to be a Christian, it scared me that this man seriously might have to start an underground church in America.
   I promise not to take up anymore space in your inboxes unless I really really REALLY feel we need to take a stand on something- like the closing of The Son of God Orphanage last year.  I'm so thankful people stood up for that, and those children are in much safer, healthier environments.
   I love painting and all.  I think it will be fun for a season and it's an absolute miracle to say I'm doing it full-time, but I really miss working for a humanitarian organization!  I want to DO something that CHANGES lives.  I think this being such a strong desire in my heart, and for so long, God has plans for me in that direction.  I'm not actively looking for jobs anymore, but if you hear of something, specifically know someone somewhere, definitely give me a call.  Also, with painting my schedule is WAY flexible.  I was able to help out Starscape Media at the City Invasions concert a couple weeks ago, which I would not have been able to do otherwise.  I got to be on stage with P.O.D., set-up and watch interviews with artists like Brian Welch and Flame, interview people from the audience, run the camera a bit, then see dozens of people accept Christ and ask to be baptized right there!  It was the longest day and something like 113 degrees outside and I LOVED IT!  So even if you just know of some temporary work that looks cool, let me know.  Maybe I do stuff like that and paint for awhile.  My life doesn't have to be simple either.

No comments:

Post a Comment