Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Leaving for Uganda

   Tomorrow we fly out of Dulles Airport to UGANDA!  I would have never dreamed I would be doing this a year ago.  The cool thing is that it doesn't seem that weird to be going now though.  I've heard about our Ugandan staff Henry and Grace for a year.  I'm dying to finally meet these people who are my coworkers.  For a year I've read up on Ugandan news, looked at Ugandan maps, read bunches of blogs.  It's not THAT foreign of a place to me as it is for the stranger who asks what I do for a living.  It's just another piece of God's creation that happens to be a little farther from the piece I grew up on. 
   I wish the language barrier wasn't there!  We will have translators though.  We meet our team of doctors, nurses, and laypeople in the morning.  In Uganda we will set up medical clinics, distribute mosquito nets, check on hygiene/sanitation, and more.  I will try to blog while we are there, but only God knows if there's enough time/internet for that.  Our director Matt has been doing the tweet thing.  I can't always tell who's talking to who, but if you like Twitter you can follow Matt at @chambers_matt.  
   Finally I just ask you pray God's will would be done.  There's some BIG changes for SafeWorld I haven't shared on here yet.  I can tell you a lot more coming back from this trip.  Can't wait!

 Then Moses said to him, “If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here.  How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?”
  And the LORD said to Moses, “I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name.”
-Exodus 33:15-17

No comments:

Post a Comment