Friday, August 26, 2011

Leave for Haiti in.... 5 hours

OK.  In a couple hours we are headed to Haiti.  I think we're going to try to blog while we're there.  Enter your email at the top to subscribe to this blog.  Every time I post something you will get an email, however it looks like it's half a day behind the time I posted it.  I always share the links on Facebook too though.  (All this is mostly for my immediate family who still ask why I am going to Haiti every time I call.  So there y'all go.  No excuses now.)  I'm packed and ready but we're leaving at 4:30AM!!!  I would just stay awake, but we live in a one room apartment.  There's not too much I can do in the dark.  Silently.  So I'm going to try to go to sleep and not cry in the morning.  I'm excited, but honestly I'd be more excited if it was Uganda.  I wouldn't change what we were doing one bit, but Haiti's scary.  I'm told that people will be bombarding me once we get to the airport in Port Au Prince, asking to help with my bags, saying I'm so pretty, asking for money, asking for food, and I have to ignore them if I want to make it to the car.  I'm terrible at ignoring the vendors in the middle of the mall!!!  Ugh!  I'm just supposed to ignore someone talking to me?  I am really not looking forward to that.  Is that what Jesus would do?  I was reading today in Luke 8 where Jesus healed the "bleeding" woman.  It says in verse 42, "As Jesus was on his way, the crowds almost crushed him."  They must have all wanted his personal attention and he knew it was impossible to give it.  I guess this will console me tomorrow.  I may have said this already but I honestly think I'll enjoy not knowing Creole, because I don't know what to say to these people who have known nothing but poverty and suffering their whole lives.  I'll definitely appreciate any time you can take out of your day to pray for me.  For now, here's what I'd ask you to be praying for:


- We'd be smart about what we do.


-Jesus would live through us.


-Our minds would be sponges.


-Our short time with everyone in Port Au Prince and Gressier would be meaningful and blessed.


-God would open our hearts and YOUR HEART to be obedient in however He calls us all to respond post-trip.


Again, thank you thank you to all who have supported me so that this trip is happening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment