Thursday, August 25, 2011

Meet Jordana

This is Jordana, the last but certainly not least of the crew heading to Haiti.  It's also her 30th birthday tomorrow!  It will be so fun celebrating with everyone our last day in town.


I'm Jordana - wife to Matt - founder of SafeWorldNexus, mom to 5 kiddos, daughter, sister and friend!  :)  A few things I love: travel, books, nutrition, my husband and kids!  I became interested in missions when I was around 5 or 6 years old, when during a Wednesday night church class we were taught to sing Jesus Loves Me in Spanish.  Learning that song piqued an interest in other people around the world - especially those that didn't have the basic needs that I have every day.  My heart is still drawn to those who live in poverty and I'm so thankful that in my busy life as a wife and mom, I'm able to take time out to minister to those in need.  I've been involved with SafeWorld since it's inception, in one form or another, but only in the past year have I begun taking trips - due to the fact that I had twins in the middle of SafeWorld's first year.  This will be my 2nd trip to Haiti and I'm looking forward to seeing more of Heartline and learning about a possible new partnership.

No comments:

Post a Comment