Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Meet Sarah

This is Sarah Herbert.  She is also an intern and roomie!



Hi peoples, I'm Sarah, I'm 23 years old, I graduated from Appalachian State University with a degree in photography, and I like being outdoors, artsy stuff, X-men, LOTR and other sci-fi things, singing really loudly to music in the car with the windows rolled down, and general silliness.


I'm from Wake Forest (the town of... not the university which is actually located in Winston Salem), NC and come from a family of 7 where I am the second oldest.  I love my family and miss them a lot.


Over the past 5 years or so my heart and eyes have been opened towards social justice issues and the poor and hurting of the world.  I've been learning about what it means to love others that way Christ did and how that should play out in my life.  In June 2009, I went to Ethiopia and worked with some of the most amazing people and spent time with some of the poorest, most loving children.  This experience helped solidify my desire to be a part of helping others in underdeveloped nations.


I found out about SafeWorldNexus through family friends and remember thinking "Wow, I would love to work for an organization like that.  They sound awesome."  Lo and behold, a year later I am now interning with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment